A self-proclaimed 'popular' Tinder user was branded 'creepy' for trying to bag both a date and a job when he spotted his lucifer works equally a recruiter.

Elliott Harding, from Sheldon, Birmingham, says he spotted 'squeamish-looking' professional Emily on the dating app, so he swiped right to cheekily chance his arm at getting 'either a chore or a date out of it'.

The 25-year-former It contractor'southward opening line demanded they 'sort the business stuff out beginning' earlier quoting his £150-£250 daily charge per unit and asking if he tin send over his CV.

He then shared a screenshot of his bizarre approach on LinkedIn to 'expose' her, declaring 'recruiters are safety nowhere' and explaining he had to 'get creative' on Tinder where he'southward 'more pop'.

Yet, many professionals on the site rallied to slam his unorthodox approach as 'creepy', 'grim' and 'wrong', with one user even enervating he apologise to Emily for the post and messages.

After he told Emily the mail service had 'diddled upward' on LinkedIn, Elliott says the nineteen-yr-former asked him to delete information technology as she feared some of her connections, who had reacted to the post, would realise who she was.

The job hunter defended 'exposing' her dating profile on the professional network and claimed his 'creativity' could have earned her cash if she had placed him in a task.

He's since deleted the post but blames a 'generation gap' for their angry response to the messages' content, claiming older users don't understand the humorous side to Tinder exchanges.

Elliott said: "I idea I'd message to see if either a appointment or a job could come out of it. She's a overnice-looking girl so I tin't actually complain.

"When I'g searching for jobs I see the give-and-take recruiter every day and then this profile popped out to me. I thought information technology'd be an entertaining thing to practise to be fair. It was a long shot.

I don't think the LinkedIn customs understood it. When it blew up information technology was a marmite reaction.

"At that place seemed to be an age gap in the reaction. I call back for dating apps back in [older users'] days it was a bit of a taboo and you couldn't share it around the office and y'all had to proceed it tranquillity.

"I saw some of the messages about it being creepy, but that'south probably the calmest bulletin I've seen shared from Tinder.

Elliott called himself 'popular' on Tinder

Elliott called himself 'pop' on Tinder

"The number of people who message me virtually my job, I don't take it as patronising. I'll have a joke back.

"I don't fully understand why me sharing the profile is creepy. It's there for everyone to come across. I don't recall it matters where it was. It could have been Tinder, Facebook or anything.

"Tinder is open and when you lot create an account anyone in the earth tin can run across it. You're sharing it with millions of people, then me sharing it on my profile with 500 connections isn't stalking.

"I saw a security good say it was doxxing. But I was only sharing someone's name.

"If she did piece of work in the IT recruitment manufacture and she had a task bachelor and I could fill up that role and I did go it, essentially I'd have helped Emily out. She'd take got a fee for that.

"I thought I'd get a bit creative. A few people accept contacted me and I think people in IT have a bad reputation of being boring, and then when they see someone that'south a trivial dissimilar it stands out."

Elliott has since shared Emily'southward initial reply and luckily she took his approach in good spirits, telling him she doesn't work in IT recruitment but joked she could help if he wants to be a housing officer.

He jokingly replied to accept the job and need a £75,000 salary and a company car for only 20 hours of work per week.

The IT contractor says he'south been contacted by women on Tinder who joke about his profession too - oft referencing the cult TV sitcom The IT Oversupply.

Elliott's post said: "I don't have the largest LinkedIn post-obit and so sometimes you lot have to get artistic and bandy to an app where you are a fleck more popular.

"Tinder, am I doing information technology right? Beware recruiters, y'all are safety nowhere. (sad for exposing you Emily)."

Joe Scott said: "Gosh, I've no idea why you're not pop on LinkedIn. Seriously, this is not on. It's creepy. Information technology's making me actually uncomfortable. Emily absolutely should exist prophylactic anywhere.

The initial message sent by Elliott caused put him in hot water

The initial message sent by Elliott caused put him in hot h2o

"It'south non creative. It'south wrong and grim. And I really think you owe someone an amends."

Rachel Webb added: "100 per cent, Jo."

Garry Iley said: "This is definitely ane fashion of never getting employment once more. If I were you I'd delete this immediately! No wonder Tinder gets a bad reputation with plonkers like you on it."

Elliott claims he'southward gained around sixty connections since the post and has shared some of the private messages he'due south received praising the stunt.

One says: "How-do-you-do mate, thought that post was quality then well worth connecting with you lot. having previous feel in [redacted] information technology might actually be worth us having a chat to see if there is annihilation I can help you with!"

Another said: "Loved your attempt at chore hunting on Tinder!

A third mocks the enraged professionals, proverb: "The comments on that Tinder mail service have had me howling."

Elliot'south commutation with Emily

Elliott said: "Let's sort the business stuff out first Emily. I'k currently on the market for a new It contract paying about £150-£250 per day. Have you got anything?

"Exercise you want me to popular my CV over to you lot then we can kickoff the actual Tinder chat?"

Emily replied, saying: "Hey, I exercise hospitality recruitment at the moment so I wouldn't have any active vacancies in Information technology. Even so, if you want to be a housing officer I can help [crying laughing emoji]."

Elliott then joked: "Okay you've allow me downwards a chip there. Em, I'll accept the housing officer for the beneath terms. £75.000 Salary, 20 hours per week and a visitor auto."